- Only for 12 volt systems
U281 is an auto device for reading and erasing trouble codes in vehicles, sometimes called car reader. The unit is small and easily transportable, light and handy, which is dynamic and fashionable in design, competitive in price and easy to use.
U281 is specially designed for car owners or DIY. With a U281, you may quickly find out trouble causes (troubleshooter) of electronically controlled systems on your car, by simply connecting U281 with the diagnostic socket, via reading the trouble code (DTC) shown on U281, identifying, locating and checking out trouble causes with attached user's manual.
- Works with Volkswagen and Audi (Audi / Seat/ Skoda/Jetta/Golf/Beetle/Touareg/GTI/ Passat and more) sold worldwide f rom 1990 and can be used with VAG cars that have the CAN Protocol.
- Reads and erases Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) of Engine, ABS, Airbags and Automatic Transmission.
- Turns off check engine light.
- Highly reliable and accurate.
- Easy-to-read crystal-clear backlit 2-line LCD display.
- Easy to use with one plug-in.
- Stand-alone unit with no need for an additional laptop computer to operate.
- Small in size and conveniently fits in your palm.
- Performs continuous DTC scan.
- Specially designed for DIYers and car-owners.
- Safely communicates with the on-board computer.
- No batteries needed-power provided via detachable OBD II cable.
- User manual contains VW / AUDI Diagnostic Trouble Code Definitions
If you need a Reader for VW / Audi/ Seat/ Skoda with CAN-Bus then use this item. The U281 is backwards compatible so will work with all VW Audi non CAN-bus. If you do not have CAN-Bus the U280 model may be better suited
How to Use:
When your "Check Engine" light or "Service Engine Soon" or - Check- light is on, stop the car and apply the parking brake, switch on the ignition and then plug the scanner code reader to the 16-pin diagnostic socket (universal connector) usually located under the instrument panel in the car. Push the Read button and it automatically gets the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) if any in less than 10 seconds. Identify the trouble codes and retrieve their detailed descriptions by looking up the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) list in the enclosed user manual.
2 - 9 Units: $24.82
10 - 24 Units: $23.70
25 - 49 Units: $22.76
50 - 99 Units: $21.21
100 - 249 Units: $19.72
250 - 499 Units: $18.69
500 - 999 Units: $18.28
1000+ Units: $34.12